Author Topic: Been gone for a while getting back into it!  (Read 2918 times)

Offline Archer156

Been gone for a while getting back into it!
« on: June 30, 2010, 10:03:26 pm »
 Hey guys it's been a long time since I have had the time to make some bows and arrows i loved doing it but two jobs kelp me from it! I'm back now and going to start making arrows and bows where I left off! I'm really pumped about it and ready to start talking about all of the great thing involed in makeing primitive bows and arrows. How many of you guys that are still here remmeber me from days past? It's been about ten years since I have been on here so you old timers sound out and give me a welcome back! Thanks, Kenny

Offline Mudd

Re: Been gone for a while getting back into it!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 08:04:18 am »
Welcome back Kenny! I like you went dormant for a few years as far as traditional archery was concerned.

I had found "Original Mountain Curs" and was (still am) blessed with one of the best tree dogs out there. I campaigned with Trouble with the Truth aka "Liar" to 3X World Championships,3 or 4 Missouri State Championships, He also won Iowa, Wisconsin, and Minnesota State Championships. All of these wins were both on squirrel and coon. When "Liar" and I retired from the hunting circuit he was one win away from being Super Grand Champion on the bench. All of this took a lot of time, effort and commitment but I think we.. naw!...it was he that showed the rest how "It was done!", I was just his driver, his buddy and his cheerleader.

Once we quit campaigning it didn't take me long to find myself back to my 1st love.

I think that I don't really know how to explain this as well as I thought because my 1st love is and always will be Christ, who is my Savior, my Lord, and my God.
Then comes my worldly "second bests" which are wonderful,like my family(which in my mind includes a bunch of wonderful people from here), and the love of all things archery except building arrows...lol I hate making those beauties but love watching them fly!

I now longer try building bows. I am saving my shoulders for the shooting of them these days and loving it as much if not more than ever.

Welcome home Archer156!!
 Pull up a comfy seat by the campfire, get yourself a cup of your favorite drink, prop your feet up and enjoy this wonderful journey with the rest of us!!

God bless
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
God bless
Roy L"Mudd" Williams

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 09:02:09 am »
Welcome Kenny,I wasn't on here much 10 years ago,around but didn't post much, Glad you are back ,like Mudd said kick back and enjoy the ride. Can't wait to see some of your work. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 02:59:19 pm »
 Welcome back to the Addictions. I was only here every now and then 10 years ago.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 03:04:02 pm »
well I have only been here for about a year and a half but welcome back man! 
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Archer156

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 10:37:51 pm »
Thanks guys for the warm welcome back! I hope to bring you some of the workmanship that i have learned though out the years as a part of primitive archer! I don't know if Rod is still here but he thought me a lot about enilsh long bows and how they are made! I hope to make some more bow and arrows in the next few months and the arrows are my cup of tea! Thanks agains for the welcome back and look forward to making this place ever better than it already is! Kenny

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 12:13:54 am »
Welcome back, Archer. I wasn't on 10 years ago so you'll have to post pics of your work so we can see what you've been doing.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC