Author Topic: A student.  (Read 1801 times)

Offline Parnell

A student.
« on: August 04, 2010, 11:24:41 pm »
I wanted to share this with ya'll.  This is a lot of fun for me.  CJ was a former student of mine that I had about 4 or 5 years ago for Physical Science and Biology.  We'd lost contact for years and caught up, recently.  He was down my way and interested in the archery stuff.  He got started on a hickory board bow about 4 weeks ago.  Got him starting to shoot it in this evening.  Still needs detail work but the kid is a natural, I'd say.  I'm sure he'll be posting finished pictures in the bows section coming up sometime, but I had to post some of the shots I took of him this evening.  He's a patient guy, impressively so.  I'd say he's got the right stuff.  That bow he's made is currently 72" long.  He's a tall guy at 6'11, I think.  Here are some pictures.

It's been a great experience to show someone the basic process, one I'd recommend to everyone if the shoe fits...

Thanks,

Parnell

[attachment deleted by admin]
1’—>1’

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
Re: A student.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 11:35:38 pm »
Cool!!!!  Good job passing on the addiction... That guy is almost as tall as your house!!!   :) :) :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln