Author Topic: NC Knap-In  (Read 6623 times)

Offline warhawk

Re: NC Knap-In
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 04:16:18 pm »
If i come on fridy will it be all setup. So we came enjoy the knappin. My wife wants to get there about 11:ooam.
In working in stone i find my past, in giving of the blood i pay for the future.

JustinNC

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 04:55:05 pm »
Wish I could come, but alas work prevails and the Apple Festival it shall be for me  :-[

Offline Irontom

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 06:14:58 pm »
Thanks curt, Alan, and All, Look forward to seeing you.

Tom, The farm sells their own beef and neighboring farm meats and sausage.
It's all good, but frozen when you buy it, so you have to allow for thaw time.
There's a big white tent produce stand at the entrance to the field that will
be selling hotdogs, hamburgers, chicken, drinks and ice cream besides for the produce.

Sorry about the burn ban, but we'll try and get a few grills set up.

Joe

Already cooked?  Thats good to know!  One of the ones coming with has never camped before and I question his preparedness  ;)

Offline Hardawaypoints

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2010, 12:21:12 am »
If i come on fridy will it be all setup. So we came enjoy the knappin. My wife wants to get there about 11:ooam.

They got a late start and were getting up hay tonight with the lights on the tractor.  One area still needs to be baled, but that will happen tomorrow.  Joe & I  got as much done as we could.  The piles of hay in the field prevented us from getting closer to finished tonight.  I expect by 11: am we should be rolling full speed ahead.  I'm going to set all the arrowhead-shaped directional signs along the route tomorrow morning before it gets light, set up the big@$$ point sign at the produce stand, and get the rest of mine & Joe's stuff set around 8:am.  Anybody who gets there too early can help (if they want to).

I'm looking forward to seeing everybody. Glad this day finally got here and we will have good weather for the weekend. Don't forget your sunscreen.

Jim

Luck counts, good or bad.

Offline warhawk

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 10:56:26 pm »
I went ti the Knapp-in today with my wife. I HAD A WONDEFUL TIME. In 4 hours and met some outstanding people. The beat part is that i got about 20 pounds of Ryholite from arappaho and i met Hardawaypoints. It is a must go for knappers to learnthings from others who do what we do.
In working in stone i find my past, in giving of the blood i pay for the future.

Offline Hardawaypoints

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2010, 11:11:45 pm »
I just wanted to offer a big thank you to all who took the time and trouble to come out to the Knap-In. You make this knap-in what it is.  I really appreciate it and hope everyone had a good time.  It was great to make some new friends and see some old ones.  I enjoyed putting faces with screen names.

We hope to keep this event growing & improving.  I will do what I can to get some more vendors to attend.  If they're not interested, I'll buy tools and some rock to re-sell myself.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Offline Ncsnipe

I really enjoyed the knap in.
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2010, 12:10:24 am »
Thanks Jim and Joe  for putting in the time and effort to get the knap in together. Hope you can have it at the same place next year. I had a great time meeting a lot of knowledgable and helpful people. This was my first knap in and will certainly will not be my last. Thanks again to the organizers and those willing to share their knowledge.

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2010, 10:30:15 am »
Had a real fine time this weekend busting rock and chattin with all the great folks that showed up.
was a blast.

Thanks a ton Jim for putting it together. i know it was lots of work.. . great signs, good location, lots of fun. thanks for putting it together...

just wish I would have seen a few more copper heads. :)

later
N2
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2010, 01:10:36 pm »
Had a great time, thanks for putting this event on-it's a good one.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Irontom

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2010, 01:40:00 pm »
It was cool to finally seem some knapping in action, just wish I could have stayed longer...

Thanks for putting together such a cool event and I hope to see it again next year.

Offline arappaho

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2010, 09:06:34 pm »
I just want to thank ALL the knappers that attended. Young and Old, Accomplished and Beginners. ;)
It's just great to see you all gather in the same spot once in a while.
I know most had to travel a good ways, but was happy to discover that there are more in the area
than I knew about.
Will post some pics in a couple of days.
Thanks, Joe

Offline Woodland Roamer

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2010, 11:43:22 pm »
It was another great event, good to see everyone again and hope that spot will work for next year. Thanks to Jim and Joe for the work they put in so this event continues to happen.

Alan
Alan Shook-Taylorsville NC

Bring back the Stone Age!

Offline toms22

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2010, 12:13:57 am »
Joe looking forward to the pictures of the NC knap-in. It was good to see some familiar faces.  Hilbilly it was good to see you again. I really enjoyed everybody companys.