Author Topic: Some of my recent bows (pic heavy)(not for BOM)  (Read 10045 times)

Offline Matt S.

Re: Some of my recent bows (pic heavy)(not for BOM)
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2011, 11:17:50 am »
Tiller looks great on all of them. Could you back that wall hanger with something, rawhide or maybe some plant fibre, and get it shooting again? Seems a shame to just hang it up if it could be fixed.
Darcy :)

The thought crossed my mind, but I would never trust the backing given the bow's draw weight, and I don't really want to retiller it. Nope, I'm fine with it hanging on the wall because I still get to enjoy it without the fear of bodily harm :D. Besides, I'm working on its lighter brother ;)

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2011, 11:39:15 am »
Those are mighty fine bows. You do good work. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline DEllis

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2011, 09:02:20 pm »
Tiller looks great on all of them. Could you back that wall hanger with something, rawhide or maybe some plant fibre, and get it shooting again? Seems a shame to just hang it up if it could be fixed.
Darcy :)

The thought crossed my mind, but I would never trust the backing given the bow's draw weight, and I don't really want to retiller it. Nope, I'm fine with it hanging on the wall because I still get to enjoy it without the fear of bodily harm :D. Besides, I'm working on its lighter brother ;)
Discretion IS the better part of valor ;D
Darcy
Darcy Ellis
Fort Fraser BC Canada eh!