Author Topic: strike plates???????  (Read 4866 times)

Offline Lee Slikkers

Re: strike plates???????
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2011, 01:16:19 pm »
Couple of years ago I trapped my fingernail under a massive ash log, finger end swelled to double its size and of course I lost the nail on that finger. I'm going to use the fingernail from that finger on a bow from that log as a strike plate, seems right somehow ;)

Hey Nathan, why waste a good fingernail on a strike plate when you can be ultra creative and make something like these out of it...

;D >:D ;D

~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2011, 09:54:58 pm »
Here is the style that I have been using on my last few bows.  It is quiet and I get good arrow flight off of it.  And, it is easy to make.  I still need to put the leather handle wrap on it.

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline nathan elliot

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 03:41:07 am »
Couple of years ago I trapped my fingernail under a massive ash log, finger end swelled to double its size and of course I lost the nail on that finger. I'm going to use the fingernail from that finger on a bow from that log as a strike plate, seems right somehow ;)

Hey Nathan, why waste a good fingernail on a strike plate when you can be ultra creative and make something like these out of it...

;D >:D ;D

How cool is that!

Offline Traxx

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 01:59:27 pm »
Ive used a lot of different materials for strike plates over the years,but im tellin ya,that the toughest thin strikeplate i have used yet,is Stingray hide.It looks cool too.LOL