Author Topic: Types of Loose's  (Read 9045 times)

Offline Ian.

Re: Types of Loose's
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 05:18:17 pm »
Marz5 ,

I agree with you, logically the "rolling Loose" should add next to nothing to the forces driving the arrow, but as I understand it all the current EWBS record holders use the method and believe they gain distance using it, so either the method does indeed work or something in the process permits a smoother loose and by doing so permits longer distances to be shot.

Craig.

No they don't, it depends what you mean when you say rolling loose many people push off with their back leg not everyone does a rolling loose, you don't gain anything by just pushing forward other than the 1-2 mile per hour that you pushed off by its all about getting a clean loose, namely pushing the bow forwards I cant go into to much detail as its not fair to the people that have told me thing in confidence. Only one of the guys who gets big distances uses the rolling loose the others just follow the bow.
I have to say im not a fan of the R loose, it works but not for the reasons that people think it does.
ALways happy to help anyone get into heavy weight archery: https://www.facebook.com/bostonwarbowsbows/

Offline Phil Rees

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2011, 06:22:10 am »
The rolling loose introduces the hip adductor muscles on the bow arm side and the hip abductors on the string side into the draw sequence . That couples with the hip flexors  brings the centre of mass of the archer closer to the arrow draw direction reducing the shoulder adductor rotational moment.

Offline CraigMBeckett

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2011, 02:21:58 am »
Marz5 ,

I agree with you, logically the "rolling Loose" should add next to nothing to the forces driving the arrow, but as I understand it all the current EWBS record holders use the method and believe they gain distance using it, so either the method does indeed work or something in the process permits a smoother loose and by doing so permits longer distances to be shot.

Craig.

No they don't, it depends what you mean when you say rolling loose many people push off with their back leg not everyone does a rolling loose, you don't gain anything by just pushing forward other than the 1-2 mile per hour that you pushed off by its all about getting a clean loose, namely pushing the bow forwards I cant go into to much detail as its not fair to the people that have told me thing in confidence. Only one of the guys who gets big distances uses the rolling loose the others just follow the bow.

Ian, I presume you know better than I but I think you will have to explain the difference.

I cannot find videos of Alistair Aston, Glennan Carnie (I'm sure I have seen him shooting but cannot find it) or the Welsh Class holder Ian Sturgess, however the holder of 8 of the 12 records, Joe Gibb, seems to use the rolling loose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q8q6da68g0&feature=related

Now to me that means as a minimum 50% of the records were gained by the use of the rolling loose so while it may be true the majority of the record holders  don't use the rolling loose it is also true that the the majority of the distance records were gained using it. So back to my assumption that "either the method does indeed work or something in the process permits a smoother loose and by doing so permits longer distances to be shot".

Craig.

Offline Ian.

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2011, 09:45:19 am »
Marz5 ,

Craig.

Ian, I presume you know better than I but I think you will have to explain the difference.

I cannot find videos of Alistair Aston, Glennan Carnie (I'm sure I have seen him shooting but cannot find it) or the Welsh Class holder Ian Sturgess, however the holder of 8 of the 12 records, Joe Gibb, seems to use the rolling loose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q8q6da68g0&feature=related

Now to me that means as a minimum 50% of the records were gained by the use of the rolling loose so while it may be true the majority of the record holders  don't use the rolling loose it is also true that the the majority of the distance records were gained using it. So back to my assumption that "either the method does indeed work or something in the process permits a smoother loose and by doing so permits longer distances to be shot".

Craig.

Speaking of using it looking at the table you are right most of the distance were gained with the R loose but then again most of it was the same bow.

Defiantly the loose help some people, what you have to take into account is how the bow without any technique does as we all know some bows are faster than others. The less time you hold a bow at full draw the faster it will be, its more physics than bow making, defiantly try it but if you work hard at anything for a few years your going to get good at it, its what they are used to and they know its working in the past so they keep doing it.
ALways happy to help anyone get into heavy weight archery: https://www.facebook.com/bostonwarbowsbows/