Author Topic: Osage preperation question  (Read 6803 times)

Offline Lee Slikkers

Re: Osage preperation question
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2011, 11:20:17 am »
Semo, if ya head on down swing through MI "on your way"  ::)

Texas, dang that would be a healthy road trip!  You guys have fun George and be sure to snap a few pics of the gathering if you can...
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Southeast Mo. Redneck!!
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2011, 12:55:47 pm »
Yeah Lee, it's about a 12 hour drive from Missouri and I don't know how far George is from my lil bro's house? One heck of a haul that's for sure!

That parasite that he's talking about with wild pigs may just be hearsay from some guys that are just repeating what they heard? You know how stuff like that gets started.
He said that his neighbors catch the small ones in cage traps then feed em out for a whole hog barbeque, he actually got invited to one last summer and he said it was the best barbeque he's ever ate. He said that if he hadn't been told it was wild pig he never would have known. Course you know a possum arse might be mighty tasty too with the right amount of beer before hand.  ;D

Please do take lots of pics, I love me some pics!!
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2011, 01:18:46 pm »
Pigs are pigs, wild or tame I can't tell a difference in the taste.  Wild hogs are leaner so the sausage I make cooks down much less and is healthier than what you buy in the store.  The best pork I've ever had was about a 40lb little one I rotisseried whole with a good rub on it.  Man O man, that was good eating.  Last time I was hunting I took the bow and tried for another one just like that one.  Those little ones are a small target that seldom are stationary and I missed.  Should've got him, I was bummed.  Depending on how many show up next weekend I may try for another one with the bow.

I'll take the camera for sure.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Southeast Mo. Redneck!!
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2011, 03:54:32 pm »
Now I'm hungry.  ::)
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2011, 07:06:47 pm »
One more post and then we can get back to osage prep.  Thinking about it makes me hungry too.  I'm gunning for one of the little ones tomorrow.  Here's how he looked on the grill.

Yummmmmm.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2011, 11:22:04 pm »
SSS ...Single Serving Swine!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.