Author Topic: Flint ridge for rock  (Read 1597 times)

Offline TRACY

Flint ridge for rock
« on: July 19, 2011, 10:13:02 pm »
I'm going to be passing through OH on 70 later this week and wanted to get some input/info on stopping and picking up some flint ridge. I remember Leapingbare mentioning Nethers Farm in the past, but thought I would tap into the vast knowledge here on where to go from others that are near or have been. Never been and hate to be going through there and not stopping to check it out. Thanks for any info!

Tracy
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 08:36:25 am by TRACY F »
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline AncientArcher76

Re: Flint ridge for rock
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 11:46:31 pm »
Nethers Farm is the place I havent been yet but lots of my friends go..Basically ask they dig a hole and u pay... It isnt always easy and u will be tired..Good luck!

Russ
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline piper

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 09:18:55 am »
take a backhoe with you.........its hard work..........Curt
It's hard to ride two horses when you only have one ass

Western North Carolina

Offline TRACY

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 08:14:50 pm »
Thanks for the info Russ and Curt. I spoke with Ed Mosher here and he said if I was short on time to go to Gary Hardy farm and pay a little for what he's got collected and heated. I'm taking a pit stop on a short family vacation, but will stop at the park museum to check out the history since it's not far off the path.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956