Author Topic: Walkin the creek bank.  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Tower

Walkin the creek bank.
« on: August 15, 2011, 11:12:55 am »
Checked a small field plowed field above a small creek on Sunday. I found lots of hide & shaft scrapers. Flint flakes by the thousands. These are the only points I was able to find. The two pieces that fit together were found about 50 yrds apart. My son dropped the tip & it broke into 3 pieces. They have 2 differant patinas & the tip has some attempts to salvage. This is my second point find both halves. I have found the tip & base of a knife with the center still missing.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Jimbob

Re: Walkin the creek bank.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 12:43:48 pm »
Cool find! I have yet to find any artifacts.
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 03:43:43 pm »
That is a cool find. I've never found two that would match. Seems like all down in the country if your in the right place theirs artifacts all over the place. Up north a little ways - west of Gtown i found half a bucket full of bifaces and cores on one place. Not to mention lots of flint :D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 11:44:37 pm »
Cool artifacts! Just wondering if anyone else ever thinks about or does thin points found? I never did until I started knapping. Haven't done it just wondered

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956