Author Topic: A special thank you to Keenan  (Read 1641 times)

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
A special thank you to Keenan
« on: January 10, 2012, 08:43:25 pm »
Thanks to Keenan, I was able to go out and chase rings on some osage today for the first time in over 3 years.  Nothing hurts buy my fingers....lol....all 4 blisters....lol.  It was a real treat for me to be able to do this again.  I have to teach myself all over on the usage of the draw knife, but after 3 billets and one full length stave, things are looking better.  Thank you so much Keenan.  You don't know what that Stave Master meant for me, just to be able to work on staves again.  I will get some pictures tomorrow of the stave master, the results and a huge pile of shavings........Thanks again Keenan.

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
Re: A special thank you to Keenan
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 09:17:14 pm »
Keenan's a great guy and his stavemaster is nice.  I'm planning on getting one too.  ;)
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 10:35:01 pm »
Way to be Keenan! And Charlie, I knew you where sand baggin' ! Lets some see some bent wood pal.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 12:41:31 am »
Charlie it warms our hearts to tears hearing you say that. I know what it's like not being able to do what you love. I'm glad your back at it. Just be carefull you don't over work the rest of yourself into more blisters. Can't wit to see some of your work again.  Keenan & Lulyn

Offline Gordon

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 01:41:04 am »
I've been helping a young man build an osage bow and Keenan's Stave Master has been indispensable. I really like how I can throw it in the back of the truck and take it where I need to go.
Gordon

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 08:23:47 am »
Miss Joanie got me one from Keenan at the Classic last year and I love it,the only problem I have is it is so comfrontable in the shop people keep using it for a seat or I sit down to work and go to sleep in it. ;) :) :) :) By the way Bubba loves it also.  :) :)Glad you got one Charlie,great to hear you are at it again and I was playing, I love it, very good design Keenan. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Keenan

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 11:17:42 pm »
Thank you Jeff.

Thank you Gordon. I knew you would put it through some serious testing and give it some exposure. ;)

Thank you Pappy. That sometimes happens to me as well. I take a break from scraping and if I ponder the next move for very long it turns into a nap. :o

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 11:27:00 pm »
Glad you're back at it, Charlie, Keenan is a great guy. That stavemaster is on my list too.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 11:45:57 pm »
I hope to get one in the future as well!

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)