Author Topic: First Deer in more than 20 years!  (Read 2299 times)

Offline Rick Wallace

First Deer in more than 20 years!
« on: January 14, 2012, 11:03:54 pm »
It was a rifle kill but I got to share,,This deer had 12 points weighed approx 170-180 lbs,,Almost unheard of around here,,,  I gots the fever again!!!

U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline Bevan R.

Re: First Deer in more than 20 years!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 11:15:16 pm »
That is a nice bif deer for that area. Congrats!!
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 11:21:34 pm »
Looks really nice to me, congratulations.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 12:03:16 am »
Ric that's a hoss of a deer! Cograts!! Tell us the story brother.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 12:12:43 am »
That's a nice buck where ever you're from.  Green Camo Today?  We'd have to wear white today, didn't hardly break 20*F here today.  Great Job, sounds like it's been a long time comin'.  :) dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 12:41:51 am »
 Nice one Rick! That is big for up there. Derik, it feels like it should snow here now, it's in the thirties tonight.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 01:18:12 am »
Very nice buck, Rick. Gun ornot...and from FLA!  8)  What is the gash in his neck? Wasn't your first shot was it?  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 01:31:24 am »
Story goes like this,,,Got in the tree stand about 545 am,,waiting for the sun to come up.It was quite foggy so all I could hear was water droplets falling off tree limbs.Sounds alot like a deer walkin thru the leaves! After about 2 hours I hadnt seen anything but a squirrel,I looked at him thru the scope,naww,,I aint going to do that,,,just sitting,getting bored then I heard what I thought was a horse running across the field behind me.First thought was whos riding a danged horse out here? All the sudden  crash! something is coming thru the brush!  About 30 yards to my right there he is! I bout had another heart attack! He stopped and looked around,about the time I swung the rifle up he saw me,I centerd the crosshairs,,BOOM!  He waverd a little and took off running right past the front of the stand!  My first thought,,,oh no,,I missed!!  Then I saw blood pouring out,,he made it about 50 yds,max,,fell and that was it!!Let me tell you I was out of that stand like a fireman down a fire pole!  I walked strait ahead and there was a trail of blood. I looked in the direction he went and there he was!!  Then I started shaking! That lasted a few minits,,then I called my cousins on the radio to help me load him up,,of course they didnt belive me,till they got there!!   Stopped at the little country store on the way home,got my picture on the big deer board!!   It was a fun day!!!
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 01:34:35 am »
Thats the exit hole pat,best I can figure the bullet hit a bone and deflected up and out at the base of his neck.

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 01:52:38 am »
That's a nice buck where ever you're from.  Green Camo Today?  We'd have to wear white today, didn't hardly break 20*F here today.  Great Job, sounds like it's been a long time comin'.  :) dpg
Its green camo year round here!  we still have acorns falling. Only been below freezing twice this year,last night and the night before. its supposed to be 70 tomorrow!