Author Topic: I thought winter was done...  (Read 1572 times)

Offline YosemiteBen

I thought winter was done...
« on: April 13, 2012, 02:04:19 pm »
Had to put chains on coming to work today! First time all winter. Still snowing! Heavy, wet Sierra Nevada spring snow. Won't last long when it stops. I have been unable to post pics lately so it may be a bit before I can get some up. Thanks for all the humor and beautiful pics.

Offline Stoker

Re: I thought winter was done...
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 03:07:33 pm »
July is the only month I never shoveled snow. It can happen.. Couple of years ago June camping
Somewhere I have pics of my son making a snowman in mid august when he was 3 about 20.........years ago..makes for good memories and stories.
Thanks leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline cracker

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 03:14:29 pm »
Holy smokes I've already mowed once this year the trees are fully leaved out and we've had some 90 degree days, but then this is GA. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Diligence

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 07:32:41 pm »
Last night I was on the way to swimming lessons with my two 3 year old girls, in the middle of a blizzard, at 5pm.  Wet, heavy snow and some a$$hat in a small car was going too fast, jumped through the 6" slush into my lane, made me do a rapid evasive manouver which caused me to nearly roll my Cherokee, I ended up managing to keep from totally losing control and having a wreck, but still ended up in the ditch after doing a 180.   And it is April 12th....in Calgary.

J

hey Stoker, I remember getting a foot of snow on the May 20th weekend in 2000, out west of Sundre....had a heck of a time getting the vehicles out of the bush.
"Always do your best and to everyone be kind and good" - Ernst Hjalmer Selin (1906-2000)....my grandfather's words of advice he wanted me to tell my children.

Offline Stoker

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 12:39:11 am »
Jaye let's hope at the end of the month we don't get any for the shoot..Bin there done that..
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 05:58:30 am »
If'n yall could send some to us! we only had 1 freeze this year,it went way down to 29 one night.been 80s and low 90s already.  You all are lucky!!!  ;D
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 11:29:04 am »
It went from highs in the 80s and lows in the 50s at the beginning of the week to 33* and snowing yesterday when I went for my run.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 12:44:46 pm »
Once again Ben, I will remind you that last fall you were hoping for this snow.  :o  ;D  ;D Here you go, dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Newindian

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 03:05:48 pm »
Move to Texas, drops below freezing about 5 times a year snow/sleety about 1 in 5 years
 :D
I like free stuff.