Author Topic: sunset knappin  (Read 1107 times)

Offline iowabow

sunset knappin
« on: July 25, 2012, 01:17:27 pm »
Another point. Just as  Annette was taking a pictire of me knappin and man started walking off the trail on loose rock with only a steep 45 to the cliffs edge. I just stopped knapping to tell him he was about to die if he took another step. I just could not believe he was so unaware of the danger.  He slowly backed up and I finish this point. This was rock that Scott and I  picked up in his creek.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 01:20:39 pm by iowabow »
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Re: sunset knappin
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 01:50:33 pm »
I like that one John.  Not your usual point shape.  Looks like a sweet knife in the making, maybe find some local material for the handle.  way to save that guy too.

enjoy your family time Brother, dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 02:14:53 pm »
I do like early mornings too. My wife - not so much.  like the point. the scenery and then you save a guy! makes for good days.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 02:59:34 pm »
Good looking environment to knap in! Looks like there ought to be some Jasper or petrified wood to knap in that spot. Nice save! I'm sure the guys family and loved ones really appreciate you saying something!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Tower

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 09:36:07 pm »
That's some beautiful country!  That rock is awsome & what you did to it is outstanding! Tower
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Stringman

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 10:11:30 am »
Nice point you carved out there! Hope you and the family are havin fun on vacation.

Scott