Author Topic: For all my efforts to avoid it, I started knapping.  (Read 3420 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: For all my efforts to avoid it, I started knapping.
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2012, 03:09:21 am »

Don't let them brow beat you J.W.! ;)  Just to spite them, I think you should build, one of those medieval huge mounted crossbows, with the four or five ft. arrows, and mount that boy on one of those arrows, and take it down to George's piggy haven, and roll the biggest one you can find with it!  That would roll Hogzilla! :o
    If you want to get into knapping, just come on up to Montana, and I will assist you in the proper technique, of making road bed grade gravel out of good high grade knappable rock.  I have a big pile of it in my shop, to show you how it should look, after an hour of careful knapping.   ;)  I don't like to brag, but when it comes to gravel, and debris from knapping, I am just a natural at it.  But if you want to see what kind of gussied up rock it can be made into, just send it to Tower, and he can make another one of those poor misshapen things he calls "Andices".  Did you see the one he made, when he was so rusty and all.  He should have just left it in the pile, and waited till he was a little more polished, and then show the one where he wasn't so all rusty, and unable to produce a good looking point.  Sheesh, some people! >:(  He needs to come up here so I can show him the proper way to waste time and rock! ;)  But be careful, if he does make a ..... rusty style..... point out of it, it might be hoodooed, and may be carrying a mojo on it, and cause you to want to start sitting around smashing rock, fingers, and lowering your blood pressure, by self blood letting.  Often.  Well the choice is yours, so far you have made a good choice, in your theory of removing as little as possible, besides, it could made into tomma hawk club, for a coupe de' tas, for rabbits, and such, or turkeys, deer, etc. Or as a wo ti stone, for good luck, as the Lithic Gods will be more appreciative, of your gentle handling of what took nature millions of years to make.  Or maybe even wear it like the 17th century "gorgets", on a nice woven necklace.  You have my respect, for the way you have handled yourself amid the hordes of malicious, and malevolent, rock whackers, who see not the beauty of natures work of a millennium, but as something, to be restructured into what "They" think is pretty, like those darn pine trees, and andices!  ::) :P  Keep up the good fight, and resist as long as you can, otherwise, you will be talked, and cajoled into at least trying it........  :o
....... so uh is there a plentiful supply of it down around you?...... ::)  Uh.... just you know, curious.......Might have to make a road trip that way, just you know to see natures stone work....... ::)
                                                   Wayne

Wayne