Author Topic: time to break out the yot call  (Read 1717 times)

Offline boughnut

time to break out the yot call
« on: October 04, 2012, 01:25:22 pm »
never heard one in my neck of the woods before but have seen there sign first night having the camera out.  Maybe I could practic my night shooting tonight with my call he is invading my hunting space lol really though the trail he is one I have counted 25 does on already this season.  have a few rabit calls I might try.  with clear skys when my eyes adjust I should be able to see him out to 10 or so yards clearly.

Offline lowell

Re: time to break out the yot call
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 03:56:29 pm »
"with clear skys when my eyes adjust I should be able to see him out to 10 or so yards clearly."

They are  fun to give a try but REALLY tough to draw on....don't think their eyes have to adjust!! >:D

Good luck!! :)
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline boughnut

Re: time to break out the yot call
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 05:10:29 pm »
haha yea tell me about it A property I no longer hunt was loaded up with them was very hard to get them in bow range but I did succesfully get a few into 10 yards and harvest them.  I look at it as a good deed to the turkey and deer population and I get a nice hide and bones and such to feed my addiction of primitive items.  I would say it will take about 5 min or less for eyes to adjust then they are adjusted and that is when I will start to call.  I have a good plane to cover my sent as im sure he will come in down wind.  I always have tons a rabbits behind my house so I will set up right behind my house so human sent there is normal and so are rabits hopefully it will work like a charm.

Probably not though but I shall stay optimistic