Author Topic: Horse trading  (Read 1197 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Horse trading
« on: January 26, 2013, 06:10:48 pm »
This guy sees a photo of a beautiful little children's pony for sale in the newspaper.  The advertisement describes the pony as well trained, gentle, and great with kids.  Priced at $100, so they fellow thinks he might get it for his daughter.  He calls the number on the advertisement and gets directions. 

When he arrives there's the pony saddled up and some energetic kids taking turns riding on the pony. Sure enough, the animal is gentle and of great disposition.  He hands the farmer $100 and asks if he can get the pony delivered for that price.  The farmer agrees.

Next day there is a knock at the door and there's the farmer on his step with his hat in his hand.  He says, "I apologize, but the little pony died overnite.  I'd give you your money back, but I already spent it."  In a rather surprising turn of events the new owner insists on having the now dead pony delivered along with any photos the old owner may have. 

Several days later the farmer gets a phone call from the dead pony owner asking if he'd like to make another $100.  All he has to do is haul off the dead pony.  The farmer agrees to the easy money.  But when he shows up his curiosity gets the worst of him and he has to ask why the man had the carcass delivered and then hauled away. 

"Well, you see, I put up those pictures of the pony around town and sold raffle tickets at $5 apiece. Sold 500 of 'em.  When the winner showed up to collect the pony  and saw it was dead I felt bad.  The only right thing to do was to return his $5.  I'm still $2,295 to the good."
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline chamookman

Re: Horse trading
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 05:57:21 am »
Now that's FUNNY  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 08:42:13 am »
Love it. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Stoker

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 12:00:37 pm »
That's funny. I was wondering where you were going with this
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 10:00:10 pm »
So........... What did you do with all that money JW? Bwahahahahaha!!!!!