Author Topic: Kestrel  (Read 2441 times)

Offline TRACY

Re: Kestrel
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 10:48:04 pm »
Love watching them hover as I drive down the road and then see them dive for the prey below. Beautiful indeed! My only thoughts for integrating the theme of the kestrel is black ink sketch on Osage belly.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2013, 12:13:28 am »
I would go with a hickory Molly Then I would dye the back Brown to blue to white... then to mimic the specs on the feathers over the top of the dye job I would put carp skins ... I was slightly backset the handle, and gently flip the tips... a little heartwood showing on the handle would give the breast /underwing difference... it would look graceful be fast because of the light tips and match yourcolor criteria!!! just my 2 cents worth ;)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 10:28:29 pm »
Those guys rock!  I see them sitting on the power lines along rural roads.  I heard they can take out doves!

Mourning doves can do 70 mph in powered flight.  A kestrel can overtake and catch them.  But doves at not a common prey due to their size. 

Lee Slikkers, another of our members here on P.A. has flown kestrels on starlings and English house sparrows since they are not protected species. 

Didja know mice leave trails of urine EVERYWHERE they go?  And their urine glows bright blue under a black light.  If your kids have a pet mouse or rat, go CSI: Mouse-ami with a blacklight in their room and check it out.  Kestrel eyesight processes in the Ultraviolet range...they are known to follow mouse trails to find the mouse at the end of the rainbow. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.