Author Topic: I got Crepe Myrtle and Ironwood, what you got? (post has been edited)  (Read 2096 times)

Offline StickMan47

I edited my original trade post some. This is what I have left.

I'm open to just about anything for trade. Things I need most: knapped stone points, sinew, turkey feathers. Just let me know what you got.

What I have for trade are some staves of a few different wood types:

1) Crepe Myrtle- I have a bunch of these, they are from about 55" to 75" in length and 1 1/4" to 2" in diameter; bark still on and ends sealed with poly. A few were cut back in spring of this year (outer bark has came off already), the others were cut about 2 months ago. Most are fairly straight but some have character.

2) Musclewood/ American Hornbeam/ Ironwood- I have one very nice straight 65" long and 2" across tapering to 1 1/2" on little end, bark still on. Cut in 10/13 and sealed with poly. Only one limb growing from stave about 18" from the smaller end. Smaller end was cut right above a fork. I can harvest more of these if you need something different.

For anyone wanting the crepe myrtle just let me know approximately how long you would like and I will get one as close to what you need as I can. 

If you are interested reply here first to let me know what you want and then send me a PM with the details. I have a load of the crepe myrtle but just in case there is more than one person wanting the other staves then the first response here will have dibs. If you want pics I can take some and either upload them on here or email them to you.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 03:00:05 pm by StickMan47 »
Makin fine firewood, one bow at a time!

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
Re: Trading stave/s for primitive/traditional type arrows
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 12:16:27 am »
I'm interested in the ironwood stave and possibly a myrtle. I have some bamboo and cane shafts in those specs along with turkey primaries that I can produce arrows from. 
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline StickMan47

Re: Trading stave/s for primitive/traditional type arrows
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 03:29:37 am »
Fred those arrows are exactly what I was looking for. Sending you a PM.
Makin fine firewood, one bow at a time!