Author Topic: Righty or Lefty..?  (Read 5524 times)

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
Re: Righty or Lefty..?
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2014, 10:09:34 am »
Im right handed left eye dominant. Have always shot long guns left handed but shoot bows right handed.
Steve Bennett

Offline Jesse

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2014, 10:34:32 am »
Im left eye dominant and shoot right handed. I now close my left eye when shooting my bow. I have heard that's not proper but I don't care. It works for me. :)
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline Marks

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2014, 10:45:54 am »
I was born with a lazy eye which made me crosseyed  :o. I had 3 surgeries before 2 yrs to correct it but as a result I don't have binocular vision like most folks. Where if you look at your finger in front of your face and move it to your nose you'll go :o crosseyed, I no longer do that. I basically look primarily with my left eye and my right eye just looks next to what my left one looks at and is kind of ignored. So I'm left eye dominant and extremely right handed. Luckily the way it works I can switch my focus to my right eye easily so I have no problems shooting.

Don Case

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2014, 02:29:04 pm »
Just to be sure, if I'm holding the bow in my left hand am I shooting right handed or left :-\ :-\

Offline bubbles

• PM110769
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2014, 02:55:46 pm »
If you hold the bow with the left and draw with the right, that is "right handed" or right hand draw, which is the most common.

Offline bow101

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2014, 03:43:14 pm »
They say that people that use both sides of the brain may have other extra sensory perceptions.
~Case in point~  I was going for a walk yesterday and this person popped into my mind,  I know lots of people, obviously after 50 some odd years.  This morning I was walking into a place downtown and he was walking right towards the front door where I was heading.
Coincidence...?  This same thing has happened to me more often than not.     ???
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2014, 06:19:41 pm »
I used to be able to do many things left handed when I was young, hockey, baseball and shoot, although not write.  Sort of lost the ability from lack of use over time but I did start shooting a bow lefty in the last couple years and I do prefer using a mouse left handed.  I can also use a shovel with either hand, that one comes in handy  :).
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline KrisDelger

• Just another guy breaking sticks
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2014, 07:15:11 pm »
Personally I'm left eye dominant but with the exception of writing I am fully ambidextrous. I personally prefer to shoot my bows lefty so I can site better but otherwise its all back and forth for me.
Just a young guy with a filing cabinet for a memory and a whole lot of useless information.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2014, 12:11:54 am »

Right handed, left eye dominate.  Can shoot guns right handed, or left, but not write.

Wayne