Author Topic: My Release  (Read 3102 times)

Offline PrimitiveTim

My Release
« on: March 15, 2014, 12:48:33 am »
Someone noticed my release and asked me to make a video on it so I did.  I'm not really sure what to call it but it's a pinch grip variation I guess.  Anyway, let me know what y'all think of it.  I'm interested if any of y'all use abnormal releases and what they're like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHQgP2w19co&list=UU9l4lrfkOEV5iNSju5GxM_g
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline huntertrapper

Re: My Release
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 09:16:24 pm »
Nice gear. definitely primitive. I've tried shooting like that but never had the fingers for it. Located in Florida?
Modern Day Tramp

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 01:01:36 am »
Nice gear. definitely primitive. I've tried shooting like that but never had the fingers for it. Located in Florida?
yussir, central Florida by that place they keep shooting rockets up in the air.  It took some conditioning for my fingers to build up the strength but a few arrows a day and you'll get it.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 10:07:37 pm »
You already know, I like shooting with a thumb ring. Can't do the pinch release with #50-60 bows, though.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Traxx

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 07:03:53 pm »
Ive recently started using a thumb release as well.I shoot from the left side of bow rather than right side as most thumb shooters do.I anchor my middle finger over the thumb and my pointer finger,just points.