Author Topic: Newbie to the Campfire! Have a question!  (Read 1098 times)

Offline Lizard

Newbie to the Campfire! Have a question!
« on: May 20, 2014, 08:58:36 am »
Hi, Lizard here!
I'm new to the campfire  and want to asks question to all of you about a couple of people from the past in the Cincinnati Ohio area.
Charlie Pierson and Mildred Miller Pierson.  Charlie was a bowyer, and a champion FOOTBOW, longbow and flight shooter, held some records.  Charlie made some incredible flight arrows, and bows as well.  His dad, E. Bud Pierson is a legend as well, and is already in the archery hall of fame!
I'm posting here to see if anyone here on PRIMITIVE ARCHER, can give me some information abut these two stalwart archers, who trained up a very well known OLYMPIC ARCHER, named Darrell Pace.
I am on a quest to submit information to the Archery Hall of Fame to get them nominated for induction to the AHoF.
If y'all can help me I would greatly appreciate any and all information you can give me. 
I hope there are some "Old Timers" on here who might remember Charlie and Mildred.
Thanks Everyone!!
Lizard

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Newbie to the Campfire! Have a question!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 10:36:40 am »
You might look up a member on here called seabass.  He is from that area and has some antique flight bows that were given to him by an elderly woman who used to shoot them many years ago. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Newbie to the Campfire! Have a question!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 10:39:44 am »
Here is a link to a post about the bows that Steve (seabass) has.

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,27470.msg367030.html#msg367030
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left