Author Topic: Shark week  (Read 4641 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Shark week
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2014, 08:36:54 pm »
Apparently Discovery Channel has been playing fast and loose with their editing techniques.  Kristine Stump and Jonathon Davis both have gone on record stating their interviews were cleverly edited to make it sound like they were supporting the fictional premise, i.e. voodoo shark, etc. Further, they have invented fake institutions and are using actors to play the part of scientists. 

Sharks are flipping awesome in real life, I see no need to fictionalize them and muddy the waters with crass falsehoods masquerading as education.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Cade

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2014, 11:04:53 pm »
I agree with you JW. Sharks are one of the most amazing creatures god has created. Last summer I went to the Galápagos Islands and got to swim with a dozen or so sharks at a time and they didn't bother us a bit.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2014, 11:17:13 pm »
When I'm spearfishing and one shows up I cannot stop from getting an adrenalin rush, almost like Buck Fever. I think it's because when you have a stringer of fish with blood flowing you just don't know what might  happen. I've had them come in and do the bump routine and also had them cruise by and never bother you. I love watching them but still have that Primevil fear.

One of the coolest moments I had was when I accidentally drifted off the Outside reef where it drops off into the Gulf Stream. I didn't realize I was in water 120' deep until I started getting cold. But when I looked down the wall I was at the top of I could see a huge shark about another 200' below me. The visibility was unbelievable in the Gulf Stream. It took your breath away to be able to see that deep.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2014, 11:24:40 pm »
Hanging weightless in inner space, Eddie? That's some trippy stuff.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2014, 04:42:37 pm »
cman3 you went to "Thee" islands!!!!! You lucky dog.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.