Author Topic: Introducing Two Crow  (Read 7913 times)

Offline Buckeye Guy

Re: Introducing Two Crow
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2014, 04:37:15 pm »
Looks really good to me
sweet bow
if you think it has to much hand shock its because it has a good amount of weight near the tips so on the next one try to get rid of some of it
if the style calls for width then reduce the thickness
to me there seems to be a good amount of area near the tips that is not bending yet so there is weight to be lost there
Its all in what you like
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Drewster

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2014, 09:40:40 pm »
Hey Buckeye Guy, the hand shock is noticeable but not horrible.  Thanks for your feedback and info.  You guys sure are helpful to those of us making our first dozen or so bows.  The tips are 5/8" wide and 1/4" thick.  I looked at the full draw pic after your comment and yes, the last few inches of the tips aren't bending much.  BUT, at 1/4" thick, I was concerned about going any thinner.  Sounds like I could easily remove another 1/16" or so.......on the next one.
Drew - Boone, NC

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2014, 06:09:38 pm »
Awesome!
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline burn em up chuck

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2014, 07:05:58 pm »
 very cool, sweet

chuck
Honored to say I'm a Member of the

Twin Oaks Bowhunters club

Offline simson

• stonehill-primitive-bows
    • stonehill-primitive-bows
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2014, 09:48:32 am »
Like that one, very good tiller
Simon
Bavaria, Germany

Offline Springbuck

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2014, 10:50:49 am »
I like that trick of rubbing charcoal into the grain! Sounds cool.  I have often stained or dyed bows and arrows, or torched them, and then given them a rub with medium and then fine steel wool to increase the contrast like that. I'll use that in the future.  I wonder if the charcoal/steel wool/stain over it would work.

Offline Drewster

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2014, 02:35:56 pm »
Springbuck, I'm sure the charcoal would work in conjunction with a stain.....as long as the stain isn't too dark and you're working with a ring porous wood.   I worked the finely powdered charcoal into the wood grain with a circular motion using a soft cloth.  Have fun and experiment.   Just use the charcoal first before you fill the grain with any other finish.
Drew - Boone, NC