Author Topic: Hey Yew Guys!!!  (Read 3579 times)

Offline wizardgoat

Re: Hey Yew Guys!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2015, 03:20:32 pm »
Ya when it hits a little closer to home emotions can take over logic.
There is no shortage of yew where I am, but I sure do miss my brother

Offline DC

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2015, 03:26:34 pm »
Sorry guys, I didn't mean to drag up painful memories.

Offline E. Jensen

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2015, 03:56:49 pm »
On the other hand you could still use the bark to make a very nasty poison

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2015, 04:02:35 pm »
And that's why it worked so good. Chemotherapy is nothing but poison that slowly kills you until they stop treatment and let you catch up, then slowly kill you again over and over and over and over. Make me sick just thinking about it again.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2015, 04:04:51 pm »
Without pain there can be joy and you can't create light without casting a shadow. I think about my buddy every day. It's bitter sweet. I miss him, but as long as he's in my thoughts he's not entirely gone.

Sorry if it seemed like I was picking a tree over someone's loved one, that's not a stance I would take.

I hear you Pearl. It was harder to watch what the chemo did, than to let him go. There has to be a better way.

I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2015, 04:07:49 pm »
I know you weren't DK, Im just tossing my spin out there. And believe or not? I kinda' liked my wife being bald for a while ;) ;) ;) Little Sinead O Connor action!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Lucasade

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2015, 05:23:45 pm »
In Bristol (UK) last year they had a collection of people's yew hedge cuttings for making the drug. I  wondered at the time whether it was just window dressing so the companies can keep harvesting yew trees but people think they are helping.
Speaking for myself (the only person I can speak for), if I had to make the choice of cutting down a thousand year old tree to give me an extra five years of life I'd let the tree stand.