Author Topic: Limb/string alignment help please  (Read 9158 times)

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
Re: Limb/string alignment help please
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2015, 10:07:23 am »
Mike, good point about leaving the handle full width until full draw or at least the first stringing.

I also leave the nocks a good inch wide and cut the offending  side deeper to bring the string towards center. The can be shaped later.

Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Green

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2015, 12:34:20 pm »
Thanks George.....that was something else I was wondering about. 

Here's a couple of pics on the tillering rig.  At present this bow is 3/16" positive and at my target weight.  Not sure what I should do about what is now the stiff outer part of the upper limb, but I don't want it to develop a hinge just off the riser.  Suggestions?

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2015, 12:39:10 pm »
You've got a nasty hinge forming right out of the fade on the right limb. Leave that area alone and tiller the middle to outer limb before proceeding any further.  You need to make your fades a gentler transition also.

Offline Green

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2015, 01:38:23 pm »
Up until yesterday, they were a very gentle transition.  I got carried away at the longer draws when they were too stiff for about 5' off the riser......lesson learned for sure.   I'm gonna lose my draw weight, but that's okay....will get the outer limb bending correctly and enjoy it for what it is.

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2015, 01:58:22 pm »
U can still hear treat the belly and get some weight back. Keep on trucking
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline Green

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2015, 02:02:38 pm »
What would the heat treating recommendations be for this.  Remember, I've not done this before.  I've got a heat gun and cookin' oil, so I'm all ears and eagerness!

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2015, 12:30:13 am »
  Although I trive to GET THE TIPS CENTERED TO THE HANDLE. As long as the strings on the handle and to the shelf side I've left personal bows alone. JUST MAKES YOUR BOW A LITTLE MORE CENTER SHOT.

If you leave the string to far off the handle it'll slap your wrist. (EVERYTIME) But a 1/8 th inch off center won't have any affect on the shootable of the bow.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING