Author Topic: bow tuning  (Read 2581 times)

Offline jayman448

bow tuning
« on: June 15, 2015, 09:54:46 pm »
This is somehing that i believed to be pretty much inconcequential... until i shot a tournament last week. I shot worse than i ever have in my life. Someone suggested my brace height and knock point were out of wack. So yesterday i rebraced my biw and moved the nock point up a quarter inch. What a difference! I or course did these consecutively and found that raising the nock point actually brought my aim farther right (which is perfect because i always shoot left) i have no clue of the physics behind it all but im sold. Tuning your arrows and bows is a must in my books. Just thought id share

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: bow tuning
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 05:34:40 am »
Yep, very important, can't hit where you look if the arrows are flying bad. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 03:43:50 pm »
 Here's what CROOKETARROW told me once. If your arrow dos'nt leap from the bow fly  like a dart to the target. There's something wrong. I'm sure you people that have tuned the arrow to the bow have seen what I'm talking about.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline joachimM

• Good - better - broken
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 04:16:16 pm »
Changes in moisture and temperature can affect your bow's behavior. Because of that the optimal arrow placing can change through time, and that's one of the reasons why I rarely add arrow rests. Not that I'm a good shooter...   ::)

Especially sinew-horn bows can be very finnicky about that, as the stiffness of both the horn and the sinew depend a lot on moisture, much more than with wood.