Author Topic: Back online  (Read 2389 times)

Offline CodyPost

Back online
« on: June 20, 2015, 11:53:26 am »
It has been quite awhile since I have been on here. I had to take some time off for personal reasons but here I am back. Here are some pics of a bow I built while I was away. Please forgive me I dont have a pic at full draw. But I was pretty proud of how it turned out.
In the beginning God gave man two ends, one to sit on and one to think with. Ever since that moment mans success has been dependent upon the one he used most.

Offline CodyPost

Re: Back online
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 11:55:32 am »
A couple more
In the beginning God gave man two ends, one to sit on and one to think with. Ever since that moment mans success has been dependent upon the one he used most.

Offline CodyPost

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 04:02:08 am »
Damn this used to be a pretty friendly place. Where members would at least say hello or welcome. I hope didnt say anthing wrong but if I did it was no intensional.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 08:20:20 am »
I remember you Cody, looks like you changed your username though.  Nice bow
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline BowJunkie

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 09:06:51 am »
Congrats on your bow Cody. Nicely made.
Also welcome back. I have been away for a while also after building a Pirogue and fishing a lot
Johnny
in Texas

Offline bubby

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 09:14:26 am »
Nice, what did you use in the riser
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 09:18:41 am »
Cody, welcome back. I remember you, too. Nice bow. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline CodyPost

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 09:25:36 am »
The bow is a osage board bamboo backed with purpleheart, zebra wood, and quilted maple in the riser. Draw was 67# @ 28" 68" NTN. My dad had asked me to make it for a friend of his and he wanted something pretty.

Offline Drewster

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 09:29:09 am »
Fine craftsmanship indeed.  What did you use for the handle build up and what's the backing.  Well done.  Welcome back and hope you can hang around.
Drew - Boone, NC

Offline CodyPost

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2015, 09:33:31 am »
Thank you guys for the compliments and the welcome. This bow kind of had me scratching my head after I got it built and came time to shoot it in because as you can see its made for a left handed person and I am not left handed. It was definitely not my most accurate shooting.

Offline CodyPost

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2015, 09:39:54 am »
Thank you Drew the handle is purpleheart, zebra wood, and quilted maple. The backing is bamboo the nock overlays are purpleheart and zebra. The backing was glued on with Uni-bond 800. The riser was glued up with smooth on