Author Topic: Donations to make it easier to post pictures?  (Read 2180 times)

Offline Tracker0721

Donations to make it easier to post pictures?
« on: March 19, 2016, 06:45:49 pm »
I see a lot of other forums with easier layout for attaching photos like the leatherwall, gatewaytoairguns, and texasbowhunter to name a couple. If it's money to pay for the computer dudes to program it who would be willing to donate? I hate loading stuff on photobucket then here. Photobucket is terrible on every mobile device I've tried. I bet with an easier photo attachment thing this site would see way more pictures and people sharing. Heck, we could do a little auction to raise funds even. I'll donate a knife and some points, even a "guided" mule deer hunt. What say you moderators and other primitive archers? Can we get the ball rolling on fixing this? Any other ideas for change while they're at it? I was just thinking because the whole message board Q&A is asking about photos. One of those "add attachments" at the bottom would be amazing.

Name for the auction "Annual Passing the Torch auction". Cause when the photos get deleted from photo bucket we all lose the information they had.
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short. Amen.

Offline paulsemp

Re: Donations to make it easier to post pictures?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 09:23:49 pm »
I use a app called photo resizer and it is free.  Very easy to resize.  I used to to struggle but very easy with this

Offline bubby

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 09:51:53 pm »
I very seldom have a problem with photobucket and the only time they get deleted is when you move them from one album to another, and it's easier to post multiple pics with the phone app than on a pc
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Chippintuff

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 10:20:27 am »
Tracker, are you having trouble reducing the pixels so the site will accept them? I had that problem when I first started using this Mac computer, but I have figured out a work-around to do it. Once I get the photos resized to files of less than 250 bytes, it is really easy to attach them.

WA

Offline Tracker0721

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 10:57:15 am »
No I was just thinking it'd be easier if we had the "attach files" button like other sites. Type your stuff click the button and select the pictures and go. Photobucket always stalls and crashes on me. Might be because my smartphone is 5 years old but still.
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short. Amen.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 12:25:45 pm »
We have an "attach file" button but this site doesn't have enough space to handle all those pics.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bubby

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 02:24:59 pm »
What patb said, most of the pics that are lost were loaded directly to the site
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Tracker0721

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2016, 02:41:31 pm »
Oh. Got ya. But what if we had more SPACE!? I mean how much does it cost to double what we have. So we don't lose any photos. I can go back to like 6-7 years ago and read topics but no pictures. I'm just saying, I'd donate to the site maintainence/upgrade.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2016, 03:19:19 pm »
Those pics were removed to make more room before we realized how it would affect those posts. Once removed, they are gone unless the poster wants to add them back.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline willie

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2016, 09:26:20 pm »
PatB
We have an "attach file" button but this site doesn't have enough space to handle all those pics.

attaching pic works for me? Are you saying that each account has a limit? or we ought to be considerate by using third party?

Can I expect pics that I have posted to be deleted?

is that what the "deleted by admin" is about

Thanks

willie

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2016, 10:33:55 pm »
Willie, you can directly attach pics but we prefer folks use a third party photo site. I use Photobucket. Unfortunately if a pic is deleted from Photobucket it is deleted from PA also. We don't plan to delete any pics.