Author Topic: Last hunt  (Read 5064 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: Last hunt
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2016, 09:50:40 pm »
Yesser that's some action buddy!!!Like you said something you'll always remember.A shot is all a person can ask for,for it to be memorable,and at least that was accomplished on this hunt.Lots and lots don't even get that.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2016, 10:01:58 pm »
Now thats a exciting day on the mountain Scott, good to hear you had a great hunt. I bet you'll be heading back one day for another encounter with elk, everything about those animals and the country they inhabit is fascinating.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2016, 10:04:58 pm »
Now thats a exciting day on the mountain Scott, good to hear you had a great hunt. I bet you'll be heading back one day for another encounter with elk, everything about those animals and the country they inhabit is fascinating.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2016, 02:10:11 am »
We don't hunt with primitive gear because it's easy. Hell of an attempt anyway and a good story to boot.

We have a small introduced herd here in Pennsylvania. They have a lottery system with points for drawing tags. If you don't get a tag you get a point for next year and they continue to accumulate. Every point you have you get your name added to the drawing an additional time. After reading all the elk adventures posted this year I may have to start putting in for it. Sounds like deer hunting on steroids. 
I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2016, 03:34:36 am »
Great story Scott, sorry no meat but that is why we call in hunting not killing. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2016, 03:59:07 am »
Great story - thanks for sharing ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2016, 07:17:46 am »
I think you should write the story for PA magazine and use the check they send you to start a fund for next years elk hunt.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2016, 10:07:46 am »
Lucky! Great time with great friends and family. Heck with the critters  ;)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2016, 08:35:03 am »
Enjoyed your post!  Sounds like a great hunt.  Don't worry brother, the mountains will still be there next year. ;)
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi