Author Topic: What to eat when you are "out there "  (Read 4422 times)

Offline sleek

Re: What to eat when you are "out there "
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2016, 10:22:20 pm »
If you are around water like we are in Florida, get yourself a Cast net and learn how to throw it.It is legal down here in saltwater or fresh. And I'm with you, I'd probably park myself near a large body of water. Usually plenty to eat whether in the water or aroung it.

It may sound like cheating but I have Bic lighters stashed everywhere.

When it comes to staying alive, there is no such thing as cheating. 3 bic lighters should last you many years, if not forever. When I was homeless in florida, I used my little 4 ft cast net ro catch so much food. Schools of mullet, crabs, flounder, a few other fish that I wont admit to. A cast net is a life saver, and a go to survival aid for me.

I have used a cast net in a field to catch locusts for fish bait. You could theoretically catch rabbits too, mice, snakes... never mind the obvious fish, frogs, and turtles. The frogs and turtles id just as soon use to bait traps than eat them. Yuck. 

A net is also good for making a shelter roof to throw leaves on, pit fall traps, the lead weights are good slingshot ammo if the net comes apart. There is lots of cordage in the tether line and heavy weight line on the draw strings. It also can make a bag to carry things is. Point is, a cast net is a must for me no matter if I am near water of in the desert.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2016, 01:09:24 pm »
"If stuff goes down"
Can you get filters and bic lighters?
Here's a small list.
 Fruits, berries, nuts, grains, grasses, tree buds, mushrooms, cattail, inner barks, groundhog, opossum, racoon, squirrles, rats, mice, snakes, lizards, frogs, worms, crickets, hellgramites, minnows follow the buzzards and crows etc, etc
Oh yeah bring Outback Bob
Zuma

If stuff goes down it doesn't mean all of the lighters you have quit working.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Zuma

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2016, 07:12:39 pm »
Well Eddie,
I kinda thought sleek wanted to know how to
survive in the Andies if his plane crashed and
everything material got burned to ashes but
him and a young good looking woman.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline sleek

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2016, 08:15:29 pm »
Everything but me and a good looking woman?! You know, it aint the plane crash, but my wife that will kill me when I get home!
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others