Author Topic: Bug treatment for hedge ?  (Read 2573 times)

Offline DC

Re: Bug treatment for hedge ?
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2017, 08:45:32 pm »
I saw somewhere, maybe Clay Hayes, sprays them with diesel.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2017, 09:42:17 pm »
Splitting logs on the ground like that killed my back.  I took advantage of my sloped yard and built a splitting stand out of telephone poles.  I can easily roll them down the poles until they are the perfect height to work on.  It made a huge difference in how I felt after a day of splitting.   What size hammer are you using?  4 lbs is my preferred weight.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Stick Bender

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2017, 10:08:59 pm »
I was using my 3 pound sledge to start & then choking my regular sledge short when I got wedges started I don't have a 4 lb maybe I will pick one up yes it kills your back working that low I'm 6.4 ft I propped them on a 4 by 4 helped some I will figure some thing to get them higher, necessity is the mother of invention ,Diesel wood probably work but wouldn't  want to store them in the shop after.
If you fear failure you will never Try !

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2017, 02:52:20 pm »
I do this for a living...pest control. I would suggest if there are no insects present......Borax, mix a good 3 cups to hot water, put in sprayer and spray all sides to the point of run off. The mineral will last as long as you don't get it overly wet again.
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.