Author Topic: My first bow posted on here!  (Read 3507 times)

Offline leonwood

• Leonwood Bows
Re: My first bow posted on here!
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2018, 05:03:27 am »
Well done! But we really need a full draw 8) Pretty good drawlength from a 50 inch bow.

Offline MattZA

• Formerly MattTheClueless
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2018, 03:58:42 pm »
Right, I've finally got someone to take a snap of the full draw. Just some info:

For some reason I'm holding the bow a bit low on the handle, which makes the top limb look longer. It's actually identical in length. The small piece of white at the top is just some string I temporarily tied on because I got caught in a bit of rain and the bamboo lifted a tiny bit. Apart from that, I think it's definitely a bit whip ended, but I was aiming for a bit of that, since it can be sweeter in the hand shock department.

Here's the photo at 26" of draw. Yes, I know I have arms as long as an orangutan's  ;D
Unprofessional bowyer. Johannesburg, South Africa.

Offline simk

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2018, 04:25:09 pm »
wow, thats a clean bend. yes, maybe a bit more bend towards the handle (as stated by yourself) only a feeling, nothing to really critisize, especially for the fourth bow! congrats. i'm still struggling with my (maybe) 18th, never laminated :BB rock on matt, cheers
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 04:36:05 pm by simk »
--- the queen rules ----

Offline MattZA

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2018, 05:00:43 pm »
Thanks simk!

Yea I left it a bit whippy in case I was told it's too short, and then had to start the impossible piking task of getting more bend out of an even shorter bow! That poor, poor Massaranduba.

Hey not much wrong with your bow in that photo! The right limb looks a bit stiff mid-limb. It's probably just the background, but it looks like there might be a tiny hinge forming towards the end of the bend in the left limb. It's got a lovely look to it. Powerful. Immaculate statics on the end there too.

Good luck!
Matt

Offline simson

• stonehill-primitive-bows
    • stonehill-primitive-bows
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2018, 11:14:48 am »
first
that little bow looks gorgeous   8) 8) 8)

second
make better pics, esp the fd with an arrow hooked!
That beauty of a bow needs some better photos!
Simon
Bavaria, Germany

Offline MattZA

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2018, 12:11:34 pm »
Thanks simson!

I would have better photos on offer, but my dear old mother had to take the photo. I was visiting her for dinner and remembered I needed a full draw photo.

Don't worry, I'm working on an all bamboo plains horse bow next. I'm building a small scale version first to see if it's possible, but I'm aiming for 24" draw out of a 44" bow. Without sinew or horn. Just bamboo and siyahs...

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2018, 07:13:37 pm »
Looking very nice, especially for your 4th. Keep um coming man!  :OK
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb