Author Topic: My 50th class reunion  (Read 1836 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
My 50th class reunion
« on: October 07, 2019, 10:58:01 am »
My wife and I went to my 50th highschool reunion this past weekend. I attended Benedictine Military School in Savannah, GA and graduated in 1969. My Dad graduated in 1919 from Benedictine. My brothers, uncles and cousins also graduated from there. Benedictine is a Catholic military highschool in Savannah, founded in 1902. The day I graduated, June, 1969 was the last time I shaved.
See if you can pick me out...
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
Re: My 50th class reunion
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 11:23:50 am »
Never really seen you but i know your beard. Front middle is my guess
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 11:36:35 am »
Yep, that's me, the good looking one!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Stoker

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 11:45:54 am »
Good stuff. I have to go to mine next Saturday. 38 years, weird number I know. My Ex will be there. I'm excited. Oh well might get to see someone I haven't for a long time
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 11:59:46 am »
The arrow head belt buckle gave it away for me :)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 12:09:28 pm »
The arrow head belt buckle gave it away for me :)

That and the Pat B name tag. Never would've thought to look for the beard.lol. You are the best looking one of the bunch Pat. Was 40 for me this year. One very different decade later. Well kinda different anyway. I do remember a fair amount of the sixties though. Maybe more than some that were a little older than me even.lol
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2019, 12:13:46 pm »
What were the sixties, BJ?   ???   (A)

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2019, 12:36:05 pm »
Those were the years after "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes", "Unchained Melody", "Moon River", and if I remember correctly, of a place called Vietnam>:D!  A few other notable events occurred as well!  There were some fun times as well!  I have missed all the reunions of my class of '57, sort didn't fit in too well anyway, and a 1,000 miles is a long haul just before hunting season!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2019, 12:51:30 pm »
Jerry, we lost a few classmates to Vietnam and when I was a freshman two guys came to Benedictine as freshman after their service in Vietnam...on the GI Bill.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2019, 08:46:23 pm »
Had a few blurry years in the 70's to Pat. Glad we both made it to 2019. I remember so many things that were supposed to happen by 2020. It seemed like such a long time away. Funny how close it is now and it's hard to believe it's almost here.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2019, 10:59:19 pm »
Pat, we lost 4 guys from our company,  and 4 more from from the battalion.  I stayed at Ft Carson 68-69.  Worked as the Veteran's Advisor at Colorado State from '74-'80 and averaged about 600 vets a year on board.  Almost all of them graduated.  On the other hand, a lot had problems readjusting and we estimated there were more guys living in the hills than there were in school.  Some never "came back" adjusting wise.  Lost several friends to PTSD after they got back stateside, including a coworker.
Jerry
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Parnell

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2019, 06:55:05 am »
That’s a good picture!  Good for you guys, Pat.
1’—>1’