Author Topic: Boo Backed ELB  (Read 4320 times)

Offline HH~

Re: Boo Backed ELB
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2019, 07:02:42 am »
The hard part of a bow like this what you don't see. Most guys I think take a osage board that was already squared to start with. This was half of a 16yr old log that was started like you were making a self bow. No squaring o table saw or joiner. The grain on the upper limb twisted about 50 degrees then back. If it was not backed it would be poking the fire in Pappy's pit really. The bow is as quiet in my hand as any flipped tip selfbow I've shot. The really amazing thing is how accurate it is. Not just in my hand but even guys who don't shoot off the hand. Its as light as a mulberry bow. Must be some majik from that old hay barn it came out of?

Shawn~
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 12:07:38 pm by HedgeHunter »
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline HH~

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2020, 12:08:28 pm »
Had this bow out today. Still love the way it shoots.

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2020, 12:28:42 pm »
I've been building bows for awhile now and it's just hard to beat a BBO for day in and day out rain or shine hot or cold shooting... just my personal opinion.  Your bow looks like a shooter.   :OK
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...