Author Topic: Some new bow builders!!  (Read 4077 times)

Offline lowell

Some new bow builders!!
« on: June 13, 2008, 03:07:08 pm »
Some guys from a local bow club asked if I'd do a buid-along class since I'm the only one doing such a thing and nearby.  All made board bows and many have the interest to make a bow from a stave now. 

We broke a few boards but ended up with more working bows than broken boards!! ;D

I had fun doing it but now I get to get back to making some arrows and do some shooting!! ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
Re: Some new bow builders!!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 03:39:30 pm »
Very nice. Way to pass it on. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 06:23:18 pm »
Great Job Lowell!  I'm in the process of helping a couple of guys make their first selfbows myself.  Both of them hunt with fiberglass recurves already, but are fascinated by selfbows.  Who knows, maybe some day they'll teach someone else, or at least become a member of PA.
  I see more and more guys going back to more "traditional" archery and getting away from the high tech stuff. ;D
  One friend of mine who is sponsered by Mathews says he has to make himself practice with his compound and make himself stop shooting his recurve.
  Saw Filer
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 06:32:55 pm »
Way to spread the word lowell, my nephew is coming up on the 28th and were going to start on his first selfbow :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Kegan

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 08:14:50 pm »
That's awesome! And those look like some fine bows too :).

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 11:57:59 pm »
Nice work there lowell.  Isn't it fun to share our obsession. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline cracker

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 10:48:20 am »
Where i live i am the only bowyer would be at that. I see interest in the faces of my frends and aquaitances. They all seem to want a bow but if you try to offer them wood and tools they shy away sooo from time to time I give away a bow and hope to plant a seed that will grow into a fellow bow nut so that I will have someone to hang out with. No luck yet but I keep hoping. I guess you could say that I am cultivating a friendship.
R.C.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?