Author Topic: New Cain,with trade points and field tips.  (Read 6370 times)

Offline Little John

Re: New Cain,with trade points and field tips.
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2008, 07:56:43 pm »
Nice work Pappy. Did you get them pretty well matched as to all shoot about the same? Did you have to cull some  that shot off? My experience is that a cane arrow that spines 90-100# works good for me and a 65-70# cedar might be too stiff. Any way the cane seems to be more forgiving as per spine. Looks like you might need some of my brass field points for your target arrows.        Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Butch Speer

• St. Clair Mo.
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2008, 10:28:51 am »
Good looking arrows Pappy. Like the trade points. I bought & traded for 3 doz. at Mojam. Good looking points. 240 grns & were supposed to be made of 1056. They were soft as mush & won't take an edge. I tried tempering but they're still soft &  still won't take an edge. Oh well. The fella I got them from didn't make them & I'm sure he didn't know they weren't any good.  Lots of luck with the cane. Best arrow shafts ever.

Butch
God Bless
Butch
Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the cheapest of pleasures, costs nothing, and conveys much.
- Erastus Wiman

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2008, 06:16:56 am »
These are band saw blades and 160 or so grain,they sharpen up great and pretty easy.Kenneth
at first they were way off but after working with them I got them pretty close.My bows are all
in the low 50's at 26 and around 60 lb spine weight cut at about 29 inches seem to shoot the
best.I had several a lot heaver than that so just for a test I done some light scraping on them in the middle 2/3 and it brought them right in.I don't know if you are supposed to do that but I did and it seemed to work fine.Now they all shoot good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good