Author Topic: Primitive Quest continued  (Read 3799 times)

Offline huntertrapper

Primitive Quest continued
« on: February 14, 2009, 12:32:56 am »
I believe this summer i will finally do my primitive quest. I will be almost 18 and i will have more freedom. I plan to go into a hollow i stay a lot in and maybe spend a few days alone. Maybe before the quest i plan to build an almost permanent lean-to type hut to stay in when im hunting or trapping or just "camping" out. this will depend on my work schedule and depending on my "Lady situation"  ;D If the girl goes up to northeren PA with me the quest mite not go as planned.  but also, i plan to maybe do an over night porcupine hunt. I plan to take a porcupine with my elm selfbow and my primitve arrows. possibly stone points. aint made a post in a while so i figured to do so. HT
Modern Day Tramp

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
Re: Primitive Quest continued
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 11:05:40 am »
Glad to see you posting again brother, good luck on your quest brother,when I was your age I went into the wilderness for six months, just my bow, dog, knife and bedroll... was one of my greatest adventures .. learned what it meant to truly survive on my own, but more importantly I learned who I was...........keep to the shadows along the timberline... Hawk a/ho 
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 11:18:14 am »
H/T:  When Mike came out of the mountains, he was walking down a road headed back to civilization when this pretty girl and her father picked him up and gave him a ride.  You can imagine what he looked like :o :o!!  Well that girl turned out to be his beautiful wife Stacy and that is how they met!!  So now if you get to go to the hills with Mike you know its to live life nature's way!   Watcher
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 06:15:45 pm »
hey hawk i plan to do that. cant do a six month venture though, but dont plan on much going with me and watcher i hear that story already!  ;D i believe mr. or mrs. huston told my dad when he visited in summer.
Modern Day Tramp

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 04:09:14 am »
damn hawk they should make a movie bought ya.  ht do what ever it takes to get this done. not only for the experience but its amazing what happens to your soul. peace
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 11:46:20 pm »
yup i have been thinking a lot about it lately. The chill air of summer up in northeren PA and the woods
Modern Day Tramp