Author Topic: Okay to use a hot glue gun to apply hot melt point glue?  (Read 2132 times)

Offline kiltedcelt

Okay to use a hot glue gun to apply hot melt point glue?
« on: April 21, 2009, 01:51:12 am »
 Just wondering if it's okay to get the point glue like 3Rivers sells (looks like a hot glue stick), and use that in a hot glue gun to put points and nocks on instead of melting the glue over an open flame. I used regular heavy duty all purpose hot glue to put some points onto poplar shafts a while ago and shot those arrows a bunch of times and didn't really have any problems. Seems like a hot glue gun would potentially be a bit less messy too.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: Okay to use a hot glue gun to apply hot melt point glue?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 07:48:51 am »
I hope so.....I have been doing it forever!! Just finished a Dozen Cedar Arrows last night for the Classic ...and I used my Hot Melt Gun on them.......
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

bebloomster

Re: Okay to use a hot glue gun to apply hot melt point glue?
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 01:37:45 pm »
I've always used 2 part epoxy... the slower setting the better.  When gluing taper field points be sure to remove any oil or grease from the inside of the taper.