Author Topic: first day in Penna.  (Read 1873 times)

Offline predatorcaller

• life is short-enjoy it
first day in Penna.
« on: October 08, 2009, 08:28:15 pm »
At camp in Potter Co. ,Penna. for the first day.I had about ten or twelve turkeys come off roost at daylight and walk by me at 10 yards.(i,m ground hunting)Saw a doe in the morning(no shot) and saw a small buck towards evening plus some more turkeys and heard coyotes right before dark(I,ll be chasing them soon enough.)A fantastic day to be in the woods.Lots of bear sign also.Didn,t see another hunter.That,s what i love about up north in Penna,-lots of room to roam.Good luck to all--Lloyd

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
Re: first day in Penna.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 09:57:53 pm »
I wish I was there to roam the high hills with you brother.. aim small miss small.. Hawk aho
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 11:58:29 pm »
Lloyd, Sounds like a good day afield. Nice start for the season. 8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Bluehawk

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 10:03:36 am »
Good luck to you Lloyd      Potter is a great place to roam .    I finally got out behind my Place in Bradford County  last sat.   Saw two doe    Found 6  zillion acorns     lots of promising rubs   8 turkey  I dont remember how many squirrels  and lots of  Coyote scat    Got my first  Bobcat Tag this year and hope to arrow one sometime this year   It looks promising    Wont get out till the 24th again   but cant wait   Good luck in Potter   Dan

Offline predatorcaller

• life is short-enjoy it
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 11:42:08 am »
yea Bluehawk,love those northwoods for roaming.My boy drew a cat permit last year and he trapped one the first night on new years day.I knew where quite a few cats were hanging.(nice tom)I,m headed up this thursday to pack in for a couple days to bowhunt and muzzleloader hunt-can,t wait-good luck hunting.