Author Topic: buying feathers..  (Read 3898 times)

Offline aero86

buying feathers..
« on: January 17, 2010, 10:41:12 am »
where is a good place to get a bunch of feathers at a decent price?  i dont know any turkey hunters around here.
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline adb

Re: buying feathers..
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 10:45:03 am »
I've traded for feathers on this site, and I've also bought feathers off eBay. Both with good success.

Offline aero86

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 11:03:46 am »
oh, alrightie.  there was one sight that i found at work, but its saved there, not here!  i wanna buy now!  i spend some time last night straightening some shafts, now they need some feathers!
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline aero86

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 11:13:18 am »
also, whats a decent inexpensive fletching jig?  ive seen some on ebay, but i started looking through this guys store and i just dont know..

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 11:35:45 am »
Three Rivers Archery (3riversarchery.com) or Kustom King (kustomkingarchery.com) are both good places for feathers-decent prices, great quality, and fast shipping. Both are advertisers here. If I'm not using wild feathers, that's where I usually get them unless I can find a local traditional archery shop to support. The Bohning fletching jig is probably your best bang for the buck. Not as good as a Bitzenburger or other top-of-the-line ones, but plenty good enough at a fraction of the price. And I've fletched hundreds of arrows without a jig, they're not a necessity.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Greatgoogamooga

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 11:52:46 am »
I got mine off of Ebay, though when I checked today, I did not see a listing from the seller.  He usually sells them by the 100 in 2 different qualities.  I bought the lesser quality ones for under $20.  They were good feathers.  These are whole feathers, BTW.

If you are looking for cut feathers, or whole, but trimmed at the base, I go to Eders.com.

Goog

Offline Tom Leemans

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 09:06:23 am »
customfeathers.com - good guy

I get the 100 count bags of #2 grade primaries.

Offline aero86

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 10:59:36 am »
thats the site i found! thanks tom!