Author Topic: Hunting The big HAWAIIAN mountain boar  (Read 3413 times)

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

Hunting The big HAWAIIAN mountain boar
« on: June 29, 2010, 06:15:25 am »
Just got this nice boar with one of my airguns, it was the most intense hunting situation I've ever being into, I had to take a moving shot as it was coming my way at 10 yards, the headshot took his legs out from under him and toumbled to the bottom of the gulch where I was, but than roaring like crazy it tryed to stand up so I put one more behing his hear, and than a quick one in the hart just for insurance, I was sitting a long time after to recover from the massive adrenalin rush.

earlyer I got this small saw, that was easy  :) .......40 yards shot in the forehead and dropped right there

NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline RidgeRunner

Re: Hunting The big HAWAIIAN mountain boar
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 09:54:14 am »
That is cool  8) Manny.
Air guns and wild pigs... who would have thunk it?

What do you think the big one weighed?

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline Diligence

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 10:10:48 am »
I have to say Mannie....that face paint and your look of "Extreme predjudice" really makes those photos look "intense"....great shooting.  I sure wish I could run around and take hogs...
"Always do your best and to everyone be kind and good" - Ernst Hjalmer Selin (1906-2000)....my grandfather's words of advice he wanted me to tell my children.

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 10:12:26 am »
manny what cal did you shoot them with man this is cool seeing the pics i want to buy one now
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline aero86

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 11:08:18 am »
man, that gun looks like a cannon!
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 03:13:52 pm »
I was carrying the 9mm yesterday (can check the review on my long thread), good thing with airguns is that they are nowhere near as loud as rifle, the big boar came in 15 minutes after I shot the sow

David, near the 200 pound mark, maybe a bit less ?.....no change to take it up out of the gulch, I had to butcher it down there and take it out in stages  :)

Diligence, I was still so shaken up as I was taking those pictures ;D
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline Kegan

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 07:05:45 pm »
Manny, you seem to be having a blast hunting with your airguns, thanks for sharing pics along the way with us :)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 10:43:00 pm »
 Nice looking pigs, Manny. That ol' Boar look's like a real stinker. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline PeteC

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 10:49:05 pm »
Sounds like an awesome hunt Manny.With an air rifle to boot.Huntin ' those hawgs does it for you for sure,I know it does for me.(the adrenaline rush). Boars that size around here are'nt fit to eat.They stink real bad. Great hunt,. God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 11:00:13 pm »
Does anyone else feel like maybe we should have a PA sponsored event at Manny's ;D Hog hunting in Hawaii anyone?
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 05:44:31 am »
thanks guys  :)  The boar meat is getting the 48 hours ice water and vinegar treatment, I sold it to the restaurant I work at, they gonna make a "Wild boar special"  ;D

Hunting with airguns is a blast, still have to get close so makes it a challenge, and they are pretty quite, with the scarcity of game around here where you might not see anything for months you need to make the most when you do, bow and arrow still my love, but as a hunter I need to make some kills too  ;)
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII