Author Topic: 37 Hyacinth/B&G Macaw Feathers  (Read 4032 times)

Offline Almostpighunter

37 Hyacinth/B&G Macaw Feathers
« on: June 12, 2010, 03:10:30 am »
My Uncle is a freak for parrots and has about two dozen. When I saw some of the feathers that naturally fell from the birds I instinctively grabbed them and asked him to send more whenever he remembered to do so. I now have a nice bundle but really don't know what to do with them (now that the initial excitement has worn off). They are extremely beautiful and in good "raw" condition. I'd like to trade for some snake skins, maybe enough for 2 bows, and preferably something more unusual than diamondback or prairie rattlesnake. The dark blue feathers are from a Hyacinth Macaw, the teal colored feathers come from a Blue and Gold Macaw (I think, but they might be from a Scarlet Macaw) and the white with yellow accent feathers are cockatoo. Three of the smaller ones have been "snipped" at the tips. 37 feathers total.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline NTD

Re: 37 Hyacinth/B&G Macaw Feathers
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 03:54:08 am »
Neat feathers. 
Nate Danforth

Offline sailordad

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 10:45:59 am »
very nice looking feathers from some very cool birds
i used to have a NANDAY CONURE parrot

as pretty as they are i am not sure that they are very durable  for use as fletching,jmho
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 05:29:06 pm »
The primaries are tough as nails, the tails are stronger than pheasant (not bad), and if you feel like making some arrows just for show, the rest would be great. 

I used some Blue and Gold and some Military Macaw feathers for a couple of "jungle" arrows for a display once.  Got some nice compliments. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Almostpighunter

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 10:37:56 pm »
I always thought they would be great for the making of some really cool decorative artwork, perhaps as accents for Native American style pieces (even though the birds aren't indigenous to North America).

Offline Almostpighunter

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 04:10:53 am »
These are still available and if no one has any skins for trade, then make me an offer...at this point I'm open to hearing all options.