Author Topic: New user, new arrows. aka Hi everybody :)  (Read 2594 times)

Offline Christian

New user, new arrows. aka Hi everybody :)
« on: January 09, 2011, 03:05:29 pm »
I just signed up to PA after having read the posts for some time, and lo and behold, registerd users can view the images ;D Good stuff

Anyway, here's some arrows:

26" grooved hazelshafts with heathardened blunts and turkeyfeathers bound with moosesinew and hide glue.

I was going for a colourhappy indian look, but I feel I may have ended up with the colourblind indian look instead ::)

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
Re: New user, new arrows. aka Hi everybody :)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 03:13:27 pm »
I like the color blind indian look. Those are fine looking arras, how do they shoot ? (Being kinda light on the front). I sort my arrows by how they shoot fro my bow before fletching or points are added.
 Welcome to P.A.  I am working on a bunch of hazelnut shafts myself right now. I am just drying and straightening right now.Maybe some pictures next week of completed shooters.  "  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 03:16:09 pm »
Glad you decided to get officially signed up, nice arrows.  I have made some with those "buzzer" fletches once in a while, I like the sound they make coming off a fast bow! 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 03:22:49 pm »
Very nice arrows and arrowsmithing!  8)  Welcome to PA. Let's see more of your stuff!  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline aero86

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 03:55:01 pm »
nice job on the arrows!  ive been meaning to try some of that style fletching, but i just traded all my feathers! lol.  so i guess i wont for a while.   again, welcome and nice job!
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline Christian

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 04:25:16 pm »
Thank you all for the warm welcome :)

@ Sparrow: I dont know how they fly yet since there's 3' of snow covering everything over here, and arrows don't float on snow ::)

Normaly I make the shafts, shoot them, group them, haft points then feathers and then do cosmetics. Simply because this is the most timesaving way of making arras ;) No use doing hours of cosmetics on a stick that just won't fly :)

But now I just wanted some arrows with realy long feathers ;D and also to try out the pointybuzzer things. So they are more "sticks with feathers" than arrows :)

Hazel is a realy nice arrowmaterial btw, probably the best we have in Norway, at least when it comes to arrows from shots.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 04:29:25 pm by Christian »

Offline Scowler

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 09:14:09 am »
Nice looking arrows.  Did you fire harden the tips?

Offline Christian

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 06:56:36 am »
Jupp ;)  actualy I rolled them on a hotplate. Just sharpened them, then rolled them with some preassure on a hotplate to smooth and harden them :)

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 01:15:39 pm »
Cool! 8)
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline ohma

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 03:47:27 pm »
i to welcome you and your talent to PA please do post more. realy do enjoy seeing archery from all over the world.
if your not dead you are getting older so get out and shoot some arrows.