Author Topic: Letchworth!  (Read 2045 times)

Offline AncientArcher76

Letchworth!
« on: August 19, 2010, 11:17:49 pm »
Hi guys was wondering if anyone had exact info for directions to Letchworth Knappin...I know its in Castile and it wasnt far from the Cuba Knappin but would like to type it in and go.  I live about 4 hour or so away maybe more and havent a clue of that area so it would help... Thanx guys and hope to see some of u there.

Russ
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline jeff halfrack

Re: Letchworth!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 11:26:41 pm »
 If  your  talking  new york,,it's  real  close  to  geneseo  NY  home of  geneseo state  college   ,,,  Letchworth st park  is  cool!!!  there is a stretch of  the  finger lakes trail  I know you have  knappin  to  do  but  the  park is  real  nice  JeffW

Offline caveman2533

• Steve Nissly
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 01:47:02 am »

Russell and anyone else Here is a link to directions from the East and South. The Knap-in is held in the High Banks Recreation area of the Park which is at the North End of the Park. Do not enter the Park from the Southern end You will wish you hadn't. Its a very long drive to the North end .   Like Jeff said Take sometime to check out the Canyon Gorge. Just beautiful.
Steve

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=0,0,5718572161405460871&fb=1&hq=Highbanks+Recreation+area+MT+Morris+NY&hnear=Highbanks+Recreation+area+MT+Morris+NY&gl=us&daddr=Mount+Morris,+New+York+14510&geocode=8041543556086948769,42.728080,-77.918810&ei=zgFuTJgX2J2VB6yvqaAO&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=directions-to&resnum=1&ved=0CBMQngIwAA

When you get to the link just type in your starting address.

Wow thats long

The Park entrance is from the intersection of Park Rd and MT Morris road, Be sure your search results bring you in from there.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 07:13:12 am by caveman2533 »

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 07:09:43 am »
little over 5 hrs for me. i may be there russ.
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline chessieboy

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 01:11:36 pm »
Hopefully I'll be up again this year.  Ancient I should have a few pieces of osage with me.  I saw you were looking for some give me a shout or stop by if you're interested.

Bill

Offline andy thomas

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 01:27:25 pm »
can you fill a newbi in on what this is? thanks guys

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 02:04:39 pm »
Thanx guys!!!  I cant wait I almost feel like quiting my job and start heading up!!! The anticipation!  I heard it was beautiful up there... Jamie it too bad u couldnt meet up my wife and kids are gone for about 3 weeks we can shoot upfor some rock picking... Steve thanx for the link and Chessie I would love some Osage maybe I will bring a few of mine we can do a swap or we will talk..look for the ANCIENTARCHER that probably will look like the youngest guy there!  LOL Hey guys cant wait to see u all there!!!

Russ
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline caveman2533

• Steve Nissly
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 03:33:09 pm »
Andy, its only the largest Knappin in the Northeast the whole year long, in on of the prettiest parks in the North east.. If you are within driving distance you should come out.
Steve

Offline jeff halfrack

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 04:47:22 pm »
  Hey  guys!!!  what  day  is  this  going to  be????   and do  you  think  I  might  be  able to  buy  some  osage??  I'm  not sure if I could  go, it would  be a  last  minuet thing.  I 'd like  to  meet some of  the  guys  from this  site  thanks  jeff w

Offline caveman2533

• Steve Nissly
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 06:21:02 pm »
Starts thursday of next week for earliest arrivals with Most activity on Friday Sat and Sun.  AUG.26,27,28,