Author Topic: Beautifull morning, nerve wracking hunting  (Read 4242 times)

Offline PeteC

Re: Beautifull morning, nerve wracking hunting
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2010, 10:11:36 pm »
We got our share of big cottonmouths in east Texas as well,and your right.They can be plum cantankerous. ;) God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 11:10:49 am »
know the feelin. snakes suck! especially when you dont see the little suckers till your right on top of them.  :o
lets just shoot it

Offline Thwackaddict

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2010, 11:21:06 am »
Eddie the ones we got outta the ditch and put in the fish tank(which was a mistake)lol were 2-3ft long!crazy i didnt know what to make of em!!I'm a country boy from the sticks and anything with a body like that has 4legs and we call em lizards or waterdogs or it dont have legs at all!!LOL I do miss florida sometimes!!
Hello everyone.My name is Randy and I am addicted to THWACK!!

Southwest,VA

Offline stickbender

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 08:55:06 am »

The problem with Cotton Mouths, is that they can sometimes be aggressive! :o  I've hunted in areas like that when I was younger. I was dove hunting, along a canal bank at a Friend's dairy, and must've killed a dozen or more Pygmy rattlers.  Seemed like every where I put my foot one was pretty close.  Glad I wasn't fishing, and decided to sit down! ::) ;D  We do have some nasty little critters down here, and getting imports to boot! >:(  And to think when I was a kid, my Friends, and I would wade the irrigation ditches, on a Friends Tomato farm, and whack cotton mouths, and copper heads with sticks.  We would get quite a few of them sometimes.  Not in the mood for that now.  Something to do with growing older, and getting a touch of intelligence, now and then. ;) ;D

Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 10:32:54 pm »
 Growing older and not being as alert as we were, at ten, or seeing as good. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2010, 10:47:47 pm »

Thanks Eddie, I was trying to create an image here...... ::)
Ok, ok, Folks, intelligence has nothing to do with it! >:(  I'm a LOT older, my reflexes aren't as good, and I don't see so too pretty well any more.  And my hearing isn't what I would like it to be.  Actually it is pretty good.  My Girlfriend says I have selective hearing.  I can hear what she doesn't want me to hear, but not what she is telling me.  I think it is a defensive male gene that has evolved over the Milena......... ;D ;D

Wayne