Author Topic: New Catfish Juggin' Video  (Read 6327 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: New Catfish Juggin' Video
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2010, 03:57:00 pm »

Steve, excellent video!  Excellent music!  Excellent fishin, and Excellent eattin!  Cody can't be called a "Master Baiter", till he can switch hit with either hand! ;D  As for those big uns that couldn't be boated, you need to make yourself a bang stick!  Just don't load it till you are ready to put it on a big ol catfish!  Not too cool, if it should bump against something while heading for another float.......  :o You can put a ping safety on it though.  Thanks, I really enjoyed that, and I am glad that you are eating healthy, by only eating organic free range catfish. ;) ;D  An organic free range catfish, is a happy catfish, and a happy catfish, is a healthy catfish, without all of the stress hormones that farm raised fish have. ;)

Wayne

Offline stickbender

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2010, 04:00:40 pm »

Actually that is a "pin" safety, not ping.  Sometimes my fingers leave my hand and type what they want.  Something to do with years of being a "Master Baiter"...... ::)

Wayne

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2010, 04:16:52 pm »
;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2010, 05:57:00 pm »
we always run about 3ft on our jugs because of the big 5-6ft gar we catch you cant net that size how we land them is we have a short deep sea rod with a  large pen reel  with 100+ lb test and a 09 or larger hook on it with the barb cut off. now how to land the fish with jug we hook the jugs line below the jug with the barbless hook and wear the the fish out with the drag. once its worn out we battize in the head with a aluminum bat or shoot it with a 22 pistol and thats it 
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2010, 06:25:50 pm »
 I'll be up next spring for juggin' and turkey huntin'.  We can't jug down here anymore. It used to be fun; you didn't know if you were pulling up a catfish, 15# softshell turtle or 5' gator. Either way they were all tasty. Funny video, Steve.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2010, 12:08:41 am »

Skyarrow;
     You might want to check with local regs, on shooting the fish.  Down here it is illegal.  A buddy of mine got a fine, and had to go to the Game offic, or court house to get his rifle back.

Wayne

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2010, 02:06:47 am »

Skyarrow;
     You might want to check with local regs, on shooting the fish.  Down here it is illegal.  A buddy of mine got a fine, and had to go to the Game offic, or court house to get his rifle back.

Wayne

already did its legal here thats why we do it but the bat works best  ;D and its more fun
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline stickbender

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2010, 09:06:40 pm »

Nuthin like a good tire thumpin piece of hicory!
 ;) ;D
                              Wayne