Author Topic: Can it get any better!  (Read 1718 times)

Offline AncientArcher76

Can it get any better!
« on: October 09, 2010, 07:05:24 pm »
Hi guys, feel like sharing with u all some of the bloody shyte thats been going on in my neck of the woods.  Started when I got back from Letchworth I had an issue with my truck, then my lap top fried, thennnn I got let go from my job.  I have had some rocky ups and downs with the wife as well.  The good news out of all of this I have met some great people on here and thanx to all of u for being kind and giving me a chance.  I went down to another fellow flint knappers house...Mark aka Clamdigger on Paleo Planet awesome guy and as equally awesome at knapping the tough NY stone he made me a susquhanna blade from some of my esopus thats about 7 in long I'll get a pic up soon!  I havent been posting or responding due to all the added stress lately and I apologize.  I did get up a few new videos on youtube u can check out.  Nothing extravigant I am new at the whole editing thing and is actually a bit complicated so its a bit rough sorta like my knapping.  Pitviper1976 on youtube hey and leave a comment will make my day!  Thanks guys and for some that have my phone number I really could use a friend to chat with!  Cheers boys!!!  OH ps since some of u are out hunting maybe u can throw me some feathers, or some bones I want to try and make a rib bone bow...lol thanks again!!! ;)

Russell H.
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline Outbackbob48

Re: Can it get any better!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 07:26:00 pm »
Russ, good to see your back, an I hope thinks start going better for you. Bob

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 11:43:26 am »
 Good to see you back Russel, sorry to hear about the tough times. Did you ever get that box of rock I sent?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 12:00:06 pm »
Hey Eddie yes got the rocks and some tough stuff I love it and thanks anyway here is an esopus blade for u guys !

Russ

[attachment deleted by admin]
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 07:03:49 pm »
Hate to hear that Russ. Hang in there - time is a hellava healer. Nice blade!
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 10:33:23 am »
Not crying the blues I just wanted to share with some of uAll where Ive been and thanx!  Cowboy, Mullet, and OutbackBOB !!!

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 02:37:56 pm »
Good to see you back, Russ.  I hope things start looking up soon.  Did you get those feathers I sent you? 

Thanks again for all that rock, man.  Having some tonnage to work on has really helped the learning process.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 01:10:47 pm »
Johnathen got them feathers thanks I turned out some 100 year old cedar shafts and some real nice white ash shafts and with the chopper hope to be hafting soon!  I'll keep u posted!!!

Thanks guys I appreciate the good words!  Im trying to get my feet wet in making an atlatl !  Id like to get some cane if anyones interested maybe we can trade something!

Russ