Author Topic: Christmas Gift For A Friends Niece  (Read 3011 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Christmas Gift For A Friends Niece
« on: December 25, 2010, 11:55:41 pm »
Last Week a Friend of mine at Work asked me if I could squeeze in a Knife for His Niece for Christmas...She had made Her first Deer kill this fall...at the age of 14...and he wanted to have something Special made from the Antlers for Her....I told Him I would do my Best ...but was not going to promise it would be there for Christmas Day...with the Christmas trade going on here...and me taking my Boy Hunting...and everything Christmas going on....Well once I got started...there was no way that I wasn't going to finish this for her...So I decided on a Neck Knife for her with an Antler Base for the Handle...60 thousandths Stainless Steel Shim for the Blade...and a Bull Hide Sheath...this thing turned out so Scary Sharp and Pointy...that I almost had Second thoughts about Gifting it to a 14 year Old Child without running it across my Belt Sander and taking the Point down good and round...but I held back and left it the way it was....I hope that She was happy...I haven't gotten to talk to Clay today to see what She thought
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline kerryb

Re: Christmas Gift For A Friends Niece
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 01:19:46 am »
that baby looks sweet, I prefer a small knife, anyone would be proud to own that one, nice work.
Milan Mo

Offline bryan irwin

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 10:07:40 am »
that's nice El'd.
bryan irwin

Offline sailordad

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 10:12:47 am »
dang thats a nice knife Mike

i bet i know what she thought of that knife when she seen it,i'll bet it went something like this

"HOLY S@#T,thats for me? no way,serious? i love it,its so damn cool.cant wait till next season to skin my buck with it"
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 10:18:43 am »
Wow, that is wonderful.  I think her biggest challenge will be remembering to take it off before going to school...

Dang, I don't need another hobby but I just have to make me one of those knives.  A little boning knife like that would be so handy when I'm cleaning hogs. :)

George
St Paul, TX

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 10:36:16 am »
Nice. I am sure she loved it.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Little John

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 11:10:40 am »
Nice one, you were right about it being pointey. Loveit.      Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2010, 11:51:23 am »
Thanks Guy's....Tim...I really hope that's the way it went... George...I know that if I was 14...I would be wearing it all day...every day myself!! Kenneth...that's why I was so afraid of not rounding it off...that little Bugger will cut you to the Bone and quick! I learned the hard way to wear a thick leather Apron when polishing these little one...when they get away...and they do...it's never nice...
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline NTD

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2010, 12:10:34 pm »
Nice gift Mike!
Nate Danforth

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2010, 09:29:01 pm »
Man I love them antler handled knives....I bet it is a sharp one.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2010, 10:18:42 pm »
I can imagine her father meeting her at the door as her date picks her up, "Honey?  Did you remember your neck knife?  Have a good time, sweetie."  Then a knowing glance at the boy's britches and a grin. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline PeteC

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2010, 12:38:55 pm »
That's a great knife,and sheath Mike.It looks like an all-purpose blade as well.Even narrow enough to fillet a fish. ;) Great job. God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2010, 02:08:17 pm »
Pete...that knife will be a great Bone....and it would work good to file small fish that's for sure...
2024...We Will Overcome