Author Topic: Can you put snake skin on the belly????  (Read 2254 times)

Offline straightarrow

• "Success or failure, neither are final"
Can you put snake skin on the belly????
« on: August 16, 2011, 01:02:49 pm »
Trying to think of something new to try and I was wondering if anyone has ever tried putting snake skin on the belly before??? Would it mess up the tiller?

Jon

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Can you put snake skin on the belly????
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 01:19:23 pm »
No I feel sure it wouldn't mess up anything, just you be the only one looking at it when you shoot it.  ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 01:33:01 pm »
I thought about skinning the snake without splittuing the belly and slide the whole skin over the bow limb snake belly on bow belly. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline bcbull

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 05:12:09 pm »
take a look at the bow kerry b made for the trade  he did use the skin down into the fade on the belly looked way cool  brock

Offline Timo

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 07:09:39 pm »
Rusty Crane,aka "Trashwood" Was known as the one who used to make bows from the nastiest wood around, Used to sinew back everything and some he would in-case  the whole bow with hog intestines. I think he en-cased a bow with a snake skin once? Never see him post on any site anymore.

I miss his humor.

Offline straightarrow

• "Success or failure, neither are final"
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 09:55:22 pm »
Thank you for the replies.... I am doing a bow for my dad and he likes the look of the jute backing but also likes the bows I have made with snake skin. I don't want to ask because I would blow the surprise....so I thought about both.... Gonna have think about this one...

Brock....when I get a chance I'll have to find Kerry B's bow...sounds cool and just might be the ticket to get the look of both

Very good point Pappy...lol....then again who in there right mind stands in front of the shooter to admire there skins

jon

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 01:00:11 am »
I think Art Butner has a bow with snake skin back and belly. I believe he split the belly of the snake skin and joined it down the center if the bow's belly.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC