Author Topic: files  (Read 1890 times)

Offline Blacktail

files
« on: October 05, 2011, 01:03:26 am »
i need to get a file..what kind of files are good and where to find them.....i know some people are going to give me crap about it BUT i want to get some points finish up...thanks john

Offline Tower

Re: files
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 01:59:43 am »
I use an 8" mill file for my copper rods. Iys about 4 bucks at the hardware store. Works great for me.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Newbow

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 03:15:33 am »
The way you have worded your request for infomation suggests that you are asking about diamond files rather than a run of the mill bastard file.  If so, a set of diamond needle files only costs about $5 at Harbor Freight.  You could even order them online if a store isn't redily available in your area.  Same would go for a bastard mill file, for that matter.

Offline Tower

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 11:15:09 am »
After rereading your post I think Iowabow is correct. He has given you the cheapest place I know of for diamond files. Don't worry about using them the more you knap the less you need them. If your trying to notch, make sure the platform is perfect before trying it.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 04:01:54 pm »
thanks guys for the info..i will jump on it.....i still am thinking i need to go thinner on the base...john

Offline iowabow

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 12:24:08 am »
I found a grout file for an electric tool at lowes for 2 dollars. look in the tile area and look in the tool area of that department is about two inches long.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!